Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I made the Team!

I am very excited to announce that I made the Design Team over at Create Your Classroom blog!  Yay!!!  You can check it out here.  Some time in September the team should begin posting over there.  Of course, I will post here too with links to the other team member blogs so you won't miss a thing!  Stay tuned!  In the meantime, here's a card pic for you.

 
I recently found a whole new world out there called digi stamping.  For those of you who don't know what that is, let me explain.  You can purchase on line graphics (like the image on my card), download them to your computer and print them out - legally!  Don't go mass producing these little guys or you will have loads of trouble.  However, for a cardmaker, it's immediate satisfaction for a new image.  There are still plenty of "freebies" to be had as well.  Apparently the type of printer you have and the type of markers you use will make a difference on the end result.  I also use a finishing spray.  Some like to heat set and that works.  So, try a freebie first before deciding if this will work for you.  You have to get comfortable with the technique you use.  Anyway,  I loved this image because it reminded me of my youngest son (soon to be 12) who has been taking guitar lessons for almost 2 years now.  He really wants an electric guitar and was hoping to get one for his birthday in November.  Unfortunately he discovered that I was buying him one during his lesson this last week.  Oh well.  Now the fun will be watching him squirm until his birthday.  LOL!  Of course, we will now have to get something small that he doesn't know about so he can still have a surprise on his special day.  OK, enough rambling.  Hope you all have a good day!  Oh, check back in a few days, I'll be posting a SYS (Stir Your Stash) this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment