Thursday, August 9, 2012

Quilled Monogram

Ok, I am changing gears here for a few days.  I wanted to try my hand at quilling and make a monogram for a wedding gift so I made a pattern after reading a couple of books and getting some ideas.  Pattern below.
I've actually reversed the image so you could see it better as my original was in pencil.  I chose a monogram I liked from an online source, took some stuff out and added a bit of my own. (like the heart in the middle).  Then I made it the size I wanted and printed the open outline.  From there I penciled in the empty spaces of the letter with different quilling shapes and such.  Lastly I added the swirls on the corners to finish it out.  I placed the tracing over the card stock I wanted as the background and traced the pattern with a small stylus to give myself the outline to follow.  I am now in the process of physically filling in the letter and will finish up with the corners.  I am enjoying this project but it does take a bit of time.  The real challenge here is doing it with all neutral colors.  It will be a few days before I will be able to post the finished project but, I can't wait to share it with you.  In the meantime, look for a "SYS" challenge on Saturday.  Hope to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment