Monday, March 11, 2013

Artistic Inspirations Challenge #32 - Anything Goes

Hello Crafters!
Challenge # 32 goes live today at Artistic Inspirations. We have another all time favorite theme of "Anything Goes". Our sponsor this week is:
Eureka
I chose to use the image called "Hibiscus with Bee" for my card and do like how it turned out. I also decided to do another 4x4 card. They really are fun to make.

I have colored the image with Spectrum Markers then cut out. I did trim some of the leaves off to fit the card without looking like I chopped them off the edge. My card base is Going Gray card stock from SU.  I added a 1-1/4" strip of black card stock on the left to anchor everything. The lattice die-cut (SU) is used behind my image to represent a trellis. Yellow ribbon is woven through the cut out areas of the flower image and wrapped around the card then tied in a bow on the front. The image is popped up at some of the top areas only. See below:

If I were to do this card again, I would probably cut the image twice and layer the flower and the bee a second time with foam tape. All in all, it still looks decent. "Delightful" is from a Fiskars clear stamp set I picked up at Joan Fabrics. Lots of sentiments in that set. I popped the sentiment up and the red back layer of the sentiment to add a little more dimension to my card.
You can see all the dimension on the card at this angle.

Do head over to Artistic Inspirations this week and join in our "Anything Goes" challenge. We would love to see you play along. If you haven't already done so, be sure to click on the links on my blog here to get the new address.
Happy crafting!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Patricia this card is stunning I love the fantastic image beautifuly coloured,love the layout and die-cut trellis
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete