Monday, March 18, 2013

Artistic Inspirations Challenge #33 - Use Metal

Hello Crafters!
Time for the new challenge at Artistic Inspirations. This week we were asked to use metal on our projects. Our sponsor is:
I chose a motorcycle image as I have had a layout I've wanted to use for a long time using metal. Here's my card.
I used foil for the metal background that I ran through an embossing folder then adhered to white card stock.  Then I pierced around the edges. I also inked the edges of the white card stock. I used 2 circle punches to make the washer above (a real one would make this too heavy to mail) and attached with a slip knot to the black cording and wrapped around my card card stock. I layered all of that on to black card stock. The image was colored with Spectrum markers and the edges were inked in black. The image is popped up on pierced foil and black card stock then all of that is popped up again on top of the embossed foil piece. I added 3 small pieces of metal I found in my hubby's hardware chest. On the inside, even though I didn't take a picture of it I added 3 more very small washers on white card stock to add a little interest there.
I hope you have enjoyed my card today and will stop by Artistic Inspirations and take a look at the rest of the DT's projects, they are all inspiring. Don't forget to upload your project in to the challenge!

Happy Crafting!


1 comment:

  1. this is stunning i love the foil and the piercing part of it great work emma xx

    ReplyDelete