Sunday, May 12, 2013

Eclectic Ellapu Challenge #29 - Pink, Black & Skulls

Hello Crafters!

We have a new challenge at Eclectic Ellapu this week for the purple team. Jacki is heading up this challenge and she just loves the dark themes so that's what she chose for us. BTW, I should mention that Jacki is starting a new challenge blog just for dark themes if you are interested. Just click on her name above to go to her blog then she will direct you to the new one.

Ok, so skulls and stuff are not in my comfort zone for project ideas but I gave it a shot so as not to dissapoint my teammate. What do you think?

 I started with a layout from Page Maps (see right side bar for a link). I tried to make it as girly as I could by starting with the pink card stock (SU) and the flowered designer paper (Stamping Station). The plaid designer paper is just a scrap layered on white card stock which seemed to call for a little something extra so I added the pink trim to jazz it up a bit. The scallop circle was done on black card stock with a Nestabilities die and I added white dots with my gel pen. The circle punches are from Stampin' Up. The girlie skull stamp is one I had stashed in with some miscellaneous Halloween stamps (unknown). I liked the bow on her head so I accentuated it with a little ribbon. I popped up on foam tape the white layer and the black layer. I chose the organdy ribbon (SU) to fill in some open space. I popped up the sentiment piece with foam tape after stamping the lace border stamp (unknown) and adding the pink trim. You will notice that I inked some edges in white (color box) ink and some edges in black (Stazon) ink. The last to go on was the pink bling dots which don't look like they match here but in real life they look nice (still working on my photo editing skills).

Well, that's my card for today. I hope you like it. Now why don't you give it a try and get on over to Eclectic Ellapu and join in the challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing all your projects as well as the rest of the DT. Be sure to check out the DT projects while you are there for a little inspiration, there is plenty to be had!

Happy Crafitng!


No comments:

Post a Comment