Monday, June 24, 2013

Artistic Inspirations Challenge #47 - Fur or Feathers

Hello Crafters!

Today marks a new challenge at Artistic Inspirations and we have a really fun theme this time. Your creations should include fur or feathers. Our wonderful sponsor is
Be sure to visit our sponsor's shop for some lovely images.

For my project I wanted to do something different so I decided on a piece of jewelry.
 The image I used for this lovely lady is called "Feather Flourish". Isn't she cute? I had to shrink the image down to less than an inch to fit in the frame. I picked the smallest feathers I could find to fit the lady's hat and used just a touch of adhesive to hold them into place. I also added a feather to the back side for interest. I then placed this piece between to glass slides (Ranger) and put in the frame. The bale and chain are from Hobby Lobby and the beads are from my stash. I glued the beads down with just a tiny bit of crystal lacquer. The beads hanging at the bottom were added last for a little pizazz.

Sadly, this will be my last project for Artistic Inspirations challenge blog as it is time for me to move on. I will be working with a new blog soon for altered projects so stay tuned for more information on that. I have enjoyed my time with Abbie and the team and will continue to follow the blog. Now stop on over and take a peek at the rest of the DT projects and we hope you will want to play along as well.

Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful project, sorry your leaving us but please keep in touch hugs txx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lovely lady, you can always come back.. Thank you so much for all your work and sorry to see you go :( love your necklace so very beautiful. Thank you for a great challenge week. xx

    ReplyDelete