Sunday, June 23, 2013

Eclectic Ellapu Challenge #35 - Recipe, 1 Image, 2 Embellishments, 3 Papers, 2 Die-cuts

Hello Crafters!

It's time for another challenge at Eclectic Ellapu and Andria is heading up the challenge this time. She has chosen a recipe for you to follow. This was a fun one for me as I tried a new product. Well, I have actually had it around a while and decided it was time to use it. It's called Honey-Pop from Inky Antics. It's really fun to use. I chose to use it in a non-traditional way and make a flower.
 There are clear stamp sets to use in making several different types of flowers and images but today I used a scrap left over from making another project. The paper is like a honeycomb which I stretched out then flattened out after cutting my shape. Then I joined the two ends and formed a circle similar in the way you would do an accordion flower. I then layered this onto the die-cut flower (SU) and topped with a large cloth covered brad from my stash. The leaves of the flower are from a Tim Holtz wings die. The butterfly image (SU) was stamped and punched out and popped up on foam tape. The sentiment was stamped and punched out with a new bundle set from Stampin Up and popped up as well. My papers are from a K & Co. book I got last year as a gift. The background is one piece and the strips are from another piece to which I added a yellow card stock strip. All of this is layered on Bashful Blue card stock.

Elements in my recipe:
1 Image: butterfly (stamped)
2 Embellishments: cloth covered brad, sentiment
3 papers: background, strips, purple flower
2 Die-cuts: white flower, leaves

Thanks for stopping by today. Please also stop by Eclectic Ellapu and check out the other DT projects then join in our challenge, you know you want to!

Happy Crafting!

6 comments:

  1. Your sooo creative, I love your flower it looks so delicate and love how you adapted the die to make leaves. Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, Honey-pop can be delicate but fun to work with once you kind of figure it out.

      Delete
  2. Bootiful, just bootiful. As Andria says so so creative hun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was fun to make. Can't wait to add some of those flowers to my "altered" art. ;)

      Delete
  3. Such a fun and creative card! I love the different way you've used the honey-pop paper. I haven't had the chance to play with that yet, but your creation is definitely inspiring!
    Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving such a heartfelt comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trisha, this card is a beauty. I love the soft palette and that gorgeous flower you created with the honeypop. Very inventive and such a pretty result. Clever use of the wings die and that beautiful brad. Well done!

    ReplyDelete