Sunday, July 7, 2013

Eclectic Ellapu Challenge #37 - It's A Man's World

Hello Crafters!

I'm excited to share with you a new challenge today from Eclectic Ellapu. We're making cards for the fellas this time around. Thanks to my Purple teammate Jacki for choosing this one. We should do them more often, don't you think? There are some awesome makes from the DT you just have to see as well as my make below.


Please forgive me for not looking at the name of the stamp. But, I will say this stamp and plaid papers have been in my stash for many years. I have actually used 3 different stamps plus a sentiment stamp. The sentiment I can tell you is from a new set I purchased from Stampin' Up's new catalog. I don't use colored pencils much but decided I wanted the softer look of the pencils on this card. I used a Cuttlebug small dot embossing folder then used my Nestabilities to cut a circle to represent a golf ball. Not perfect but you get the idea. I used twine instead of ribbon for a more masculine look on the left side of the card.


Because this is an easel card I needed to secure the twine on the inside of the card which I did with score-tape (cut narrow so as not to glue card together - lol). Love that stuff. The stop for the step is three 1" circles punched from scraps of the embossed card stock. The middle one is popped up with foam tape.
Here's a close-up of the three small golf balls.


Well, I hope you have enjoyed my post today and will stop over to Eclectic Ellapu and join in the challenge with us. We would love to have you. And with the new ladies on our Design Team over there ya'll will have plenty of eye candy to peep at.
Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. I love this card Patricia! The golf balls are a perfect touch and the pp sets it off perfectly :) I wouldn't have known you used coloured pencils if you hadn't said! - Purple

    ReplyDelete