Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Fat-Tastic Tuesday Challenge #6 - On The Beach w/ Pastel Colors

Hello Crafters!

It's Tuesday again and time for a new challenge from Fat-Tastic Tuesday. For some of us it seems like summer took it's sweet time getting here but it did finally make it. So, to help celebrate summer we are asking for projects with a beach theme and pastel colors too. Easy enough.

I would like to thank


for sponsoring us for the next two weeks at FTT.

For my project today I incorporated a special fold. The front looks the same as any 4x4 card.
I colored my image with Spectrum Noir markers then tore around the image. I used a sponged looking DP from my stash for the bottom of the card and added some bling to represent the sun in the upper right corner. The ribbon is used to hold the card closed. So, slip it off and you have this:
This fold is called a "Double Display". Isn't it fun? The original pattern for this card can be found here.  I have adapted it to work for our 4x4 theme at Fat-Tastic Tuesday. The same DP was used of course as on the front. I thought it looked a little like water. A bit of a stretch I know but it works. So, I used a leafy stamp with VersaMark ink on the blue card stock and stamped the sentiment and cut out to fit the middle of the card. I used the Little Marina Mermaid and the Sea Horse images from The Doodle Garden and popped them up on foam tape after cutting them out for some added dimension. Add a little bling and a couple of buttons and there you have it. If you are like me, you love cards with special folds like this one. You should try it. It really wasn't hard at all.

Thanks for joining me today. Please do stop over to FTT and see the rest of the DT's projects. Why not join us with a project or two as well?

Happy Crafting!

1 comment: