Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Fat-Tastic Tuesday Challenge #7 - Back to School

Hello Crafters!

I can't believe I totally missed last weeks post for Fat-Tastic Tuesday. My apologies to you all. I have posted both of my projects below for you.
Our sponsor is

 with 7 digis of choice for the winner.
Great prize - they have awesome images.

First, the sketch.

Per the norm, we use this sketch for two weeks (last week and this week). I used "Deacon School Sign It" for my first project.


The papers are from a school pack of papers which I just love. I punched out the numbers from one of the papers - they were the perfect size for the image and sketch. I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers of course. The chalkboard I colored in a way to look as though it had been erased a few times. I will add a message with a white gel pen when it is time to give it to that "Special Teacher". I love the way this card turned out.

So my second project looks like this:

I love this image called "JJC September". I cut off the E=mc2 part so I could pop this awesome teacher up with foam tape. I may yet add that in myself later. The fun part of this project is that I made it entirely with scraps from my scrap box. Yes, I have been cleaning my stamp room and did not have a "scrap box" before. What?
No, really.
I saved pieces with the originals. Hmm, quite bulky actually. More on the re-org later. Anyway, I made this project a fat page instead of a card. The reason is I will be adding this to the front of a paper sack to make a gift bag. Great idea for using your fat pages. The small white bags work great but, seeing as this is a school theme, maybe a plain brown bag would be better? Anyway, when I do that, I can dress up the bag a bit as this project alone is a little plain. But, I do like the interesting color combo I went with.

Well, there you have it. Another week (2) under the belt for FTT. I sure hope you will stop by and take part in our challenge. Bugaboo is a great sponsor with great images.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment