Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Fat-Tastic Tuesday Challenge #

Hello Crafters!

Well FTT is in it's second week of new beginnings! The new challenge theme is Anything Goes with a charm. I thought this was a nice theme and it gave me a chance to use a charm I have been wanting to use for quite a while. Here's my fat page:
 Remember the old paper pack from last week? Well, I used it again, keeping the promise I made to myself. This time I have a yellow card stock base (SU retired color) that I layered my patterned paper on. I found the blue starred paper in my scrap bucket. The lace I acquired from a sale around 2 years ago. Using score tape, I folded and attached the lace to back side of the blue patterned paper then centered on the yellow patterned paper. I cut a 1-1/4" square from white card stock and a 1" square from yellow card stock. They are layered with 3M foam tape. I threaded white organdy ribbon (retired SU) through the jump ring on the charm and tied a bow. The bow and charm are attached with a glue dot (Zots). I stamped the sentiment (SU) in black Momento ink and punched out with a SU label punch. I added blue brads to both ends and foam tape to the back and popped up near the bottom of the page. Another pretty simple card. I like it.

But, as I said last week, I plan on making bigger cards with my fat pages and here's what I did with this one:
I have a bunch of small background stamps that I have collected over the years from SU that I love using. This one is actually from a Halloween set I think. I'm not totally sure as I keep them all in one big box. It was the perfect background stamp for this card, don't you think? The white card is trimmed to 5" square and backed with Blue Bayou card stock (retired SU) cut at 5-1/4". I wish I could have done this one in pink as I have a new grand niece on the way in October. I'll be doing a post on the gift I'm making for her soon. Anyway, I do like the way this card turned out and I am happy to be making cards with my fat pages.

So, get over to Fat-Tastic Tuesday and check out the DT inspirations. Don't forget to leave them a little love when  you visit their blogs. And won't you go back and join in the challenge? Fun to be had by all.

Happy Crafting!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Patti,
    What a fab way of using your 4 by 4 project, never thought of that one....
    Big Hugs
    Suzy
    XX

    ReplyDelete