Monday, October 14, 2013

Eclectic Ellapu Challenge #51 - 1st Birthday

Hello Crafters!

The Treasure Hunt is still on over Eclectic Ellapu and I hope you all are playing along in all the fun. We still have a couple of weeks to go so if you haven't gotten in on the hunt it's not too late. With prizes everyday you sure don't want to miss it.

I am a little late posting (should have been yesterday) but I took a little mini road trip to see my sister and go on what we call "Scenic Drive" this last weekend. It's like a county wide craft show. Boy is it fun. The weather was beautiful and we scored a few items for ourselves. Sis likes to collect antiques so she found a few quirky items and some barn wood signs that I wish would go with my decor. They were pretty cool. I did score 3 little primitive items that I think I can incorporate into a wreath for Halloween. Might not get done year but that will give me something to look forward to for next year.

Ok, so on with my project. As you know we are celebrating our 1st year blogaversary at Eclectic Ellapu so this week Elisa chose a 1st birthday theme for us. I chose to make a telescoping card with a pattern I got from Vicki at Crackerbox Palace blog. Awesome pattern. She has some pretty cute stamps too if you would like to check them out. I so love cards with movement and special folds so this was really fun for me.

The first layer of the card is 4-1/4" square and the tiers get about 1/2" smaller than the one before it. I promised myself I would start using up my hoard of papers and supplies and that is just what I have done here.


 When you pull up on the tab at the top your second layer pops up.

Keep pulling and you discover the flame on the candle is your pull tab. The embellishments are cut outs from paper in my stash and the flower is a sugared flower from Prima that I picked up last year. I used Stampin' Up's small star punch for the stars on the middle layer and the Happy Birthday is from Stampin' Up's Birthday Banter stamp set. When I cut out the candle the stem of the flame seemed a little weak to I backed it with the yellow cards stock for a "glow" to the candle and it worked better as the pull tab.




I love the way this card turned out and I am absolutely sure that I will use the pattern on this card again. It really wasn't hard to make and only took one piece of 12x12 card stock for the base of the card. All I had to do after making the base is add the embellishments and that's it. Cool, huh? I may have to so this as a demo for my monthly card club. What do you think?

Ok, time to get your crafting groove on and join up in the challenge over at Eclectic Ellapu and get registered for those wonderful prizes that are being given away.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment